Thursday, June 25, 2009

Random Thoughts From a Weird Week

It's the first week since school let out, so, as a veteran, I knew that this week would have its share of trials and tribulations as the kids get used to their 10-week "freedom from schedules" break. It is also the week in which O'Neill Park in the canyon is transformed into Cub Scout Coven, with boys ranging from 6 to 11 participating in activities that truly delight boys: archery, hitting each other, wood crafts, poking each other, obstacle courses, spitting on each other, dissecting owl scat, kicking each other, and the best of all is saved for last: the mud fight. This year, my two oldest are "orange shirts," aka "helpers," so for one more week, my house is quiet from 1:30 until 9:00 p.m. I have tried my best to savor the silence, but work keeps intruding. Which leads me to my random thoughts for this wacked out week:

• Why did Michael Jackson turn up on my Google Alerts for "children's health records" (I'm writing a piece on those). There are jokes that could be made, but today, I'm not feeling snarky enough to do it.
• Is Ryan O'Neal for real or fame-whoring it a bit? I really can't tell.
• Why aren't there any fast food restaurants that sell really healthy food? Last night, at about 10 p.m. driving home, I could have used a drive through that offered a grilled salmon with salad, or tofu and salad, or something...(well, on top of the salad). 
• Why do I continue to attempt wear white, when my kids are walking stain magnets?
• Who invented flipflops, and WHY?
• Why does the cat insist on puking on the carpet, when the tile is just a scant 3 inches further?
• Why do squats work? 
• I am not convinced crunches work. 
And finally, if you have one deadline for each day of the week, it is inevitable that they will all converge and become due on the same day, within hours of each other. 

Can't wait to find out what wackiness awaits me tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. LOL! My cat used to do that, too! Also...I was listening to a MJ song on my Zune when a coworker told me he died. Out of aaaaall those songs, I was listening to him at that moment? The world is strange...

    ReplyDelete

Google Plus

kirtsy!